m of elevation
The Marathon distance has become more and more popular. We have decided to change the concept and to create 2 races with a totally different philosophy: the Marathon Experience & Marathon-Race.
The Marathon Expérience will be the opportunity to discover and to win experience on middle distance trail running races.
This course will avoid overly technical mountain trails while allowing you to enjoy the emblematic places around Lake Annecy and will start from Doussard as the historic Marathon-race.
Information about Marathon-Expérience
On this race there will be no podium but you will have your race time and ranking to have ITRA ranking and point.
At the end of the race, all the finishers will have the same finisher gift.
Time limits are calculated so that a runner with a performance index of 350 will be finisher. If you have a lower level, you can take part in the race but we invite you to prepare and train seriously to be fast enough to pass the checkpoints within the time limits.
Detailed race informations
To collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it the day before the race according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
Sunday starts - Marathon-Experience / XL-Race D2
- We differentiate between waves and SAS:
- A starting wave corresponds to a starting time
- For each wave, there can be 1 or 2 SAS in order to distribute the runners within the starting wave according to their level and to fluidify the starts.
- The SAS are automatically constituted by our timing software based on your performance index one month before the event
- Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
- Time barriers are calculated on the start time of the last wave.
In order for you to be able to estimate in which SAS you are going to start, we communicate you the distribution of the SAS of 2022. This distribution will evolve for 2023 according to the level of the registered riders and will be communicated 1 month before the event
- 8:30 am: Start of wave 1 consisting of
- SAS 1: Approximately 30 runners with an index above 650 for men and 603 for women
- SAS 2: Approximately 450 runners with an index between 649 and 450
- 8:40 am: Start of wave 2 consisting of SAS 3: 400 runners with an index between 449 and 283
- 8:50 am: Start of wave 3 made up of SAS 4: 166 runners who no longer have an index but have already been referenced in the last 10 years.
- 9:00 am: Start of wave 4 made up of SAS 5: 380 runners who have never had an index
Opening of SAS :
- Every SAS will open at 8h10
Information about the assistance areas
The assistance areas are the only places where an accompanying person can come to refuel and help a runner. They are located near the refreshement points. Except these specific places indicated above, any other assistance is prohibited even between runners.
In these areas, you can pick and drop anything you want between the green panel (zone entry) and the red panel (zone exit). When you leave this zone, remember to leave with all the mandatory equipment.
The accompanying persons who make the assistance will not be authorized to "enter" the "covered" area used for the runners refreshment points. This rule applies to all the runners, including elite runners.
The accompanying persons must be masked
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
Mandatory equipment - Can be adjust 15 days before the event
The equipment will not be checked at the delivery of the numbers, but will be randomly checked at the start, during the event and at the finish.
1/ Basic pack for all :
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes) - if it's muddy think to have shoes with big enough studs, not in "slick" otherwise it slips.
- Survival blanket in its original packaging and uncut.
- Charged cell phone - with the LiveRun application activated:
Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.livetrail.livetrailrunning&hl=fr&gl=US
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. A second additional electronic chip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Food (at least a gel or just in case - up to you, but probably more if you are on a long distance!!!...).
- Water :
- 0.75 liter container minimum or 2 flasks of 0.5 liter --> up to you, but for the vast majority of you, you will surely need more. 1,5l to 2 liters (even more for some) are advised at the start of each Rav and water point !!! There will be no water brought up in a car or 4x4 in the mountains, so be prepared.
- Sticks allowed
2 / In addition to the basic pack you will need for :
Short-Race, Femina-Race, R-Race SEPas Impossible :
Basic pack +
- Depending on the weather (information between 7 days and 1 day by email and SMS for French numbers): a jacket with "high waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof: https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
R-Race SEP not Impossible
Basic pack +
Headlamp in operation for :
- 1st runner: 2h30 at night
- and according to the departure time for the 4th runner --> after 5pm, headlamp on the head of the Rav3 of Villard-Dessus/
Model that goes well: https://www.i-run.fr/electronique/Lampe-frontale-eclairage_c1010/Petzl_m106/Petzl-Iko-Core_Petzl_fiche_97060.html
Marathon-Race and Marathon-eXperience
Basic pack +
- Water container in addition to your water supply: reusable cup type, because we are not allowed to put disposable plastic glasses on the refreshment stands anymore!
- Depending on the weather (information between 7 days and 1 day by email and SMS for the French numbers): a jacket with "strong waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof: https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
MaXi-Race of 87km :
Basic pack +
- Water container in addition to your water supply :
- Type reusable cup, because we are not allowed to put disposable plastic glasses on the refreshment stands anymore.
- Headlamp in operation (2h30 of night for the 1st, 5h (2h30 + 2h30 the second night) for the last.
- Jacket with "high waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof : https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
The prefecture of Haute-Savoie can ask us to oblige you to run with a Cold Weather Kit (in addition to the compulsory packs) until 24 hours before the start!
- Cold weather kit
The activation of this kit will be decided at the latest 24 hours before the event according to the weather conditions.
This kit includes: 1 long-sleeved upper body layer like a fleece + 1 long stocking + 1 pair of long gloves + 1 head covering (buff or cap) and a "high waterproof and breathable" jacket (for those who did not have it in the mandatory list).