m of ascent approx
perf index min
Since 2021, the Marathon distance, which has become very popular, split into two races with a totally different philosophy: the Marathon Experience & the Marathon Race.
A new version that will benefit from a new secret route changed every year for a very demanding course reserved for trailers with a more competitive approach, looking for points and performance.
The start will be kept secret and access to the start site will be by bus. Only the last kilometers will be in common with the Marathon- eXperience.
Finally, the number of runners is limited to ensure optimal race conditions.
Important information about the Race Marathon
On this race, we want to encourage the autonomy of the riders and have decided to prohibit assistance. To complete this process, we have decided to include the shuttle bus to get to the start of the race in the registration fee.
The route will only be communicated few minutes before the departure to avoid upstream sightings.
Meeting at 5:15 a.m. to board the buses (place of the secret bus departure compulsory), Departure of the buses at 5:30 a.m. to go to the departure : bus address: Collège les Barattes, Avenue Mont Fleury, 74 000 Annecy https://goo.gl /maps/BYxNXjkCFsTscab97
To register for this race, you will need to have a minimum performance index of at 450. Runners with a lower level will not be able to participate in this race but will be able to register in all other formats and in particular the Marathon-EXperience.
Time barriers are calculated so that a runner with a performance index of 500 is finisher. If you have a ranking between 450 and 500 you will be ablle register but we invite you to train and prepare your race seriously to be able to cross the time barriers within the time limits.
The course of the Marathon-Race is secret and will only be revealed on the morning of the race. It is changed every year and is between 30 and 40km and 2 to 3000m of ascent.
Only the meeting point for the departure of the buses is known.
To help you prepare for the race, the gradient curve and the time limits are available
To collect your bib you will have to present an ID with your photo.
In order to make the bibs collection fast, you will have time slots to collect it the day before the race according to the race your participate. Details are available on the dedicated page.
- The start of the marathon race will be made up of a single wave but 2 SAS:
- A starting wave corresponds to a starting time
- In this wave, there will be 2 SAS in order to distribute the runners within the starting wave according to their level and to fluidify the starts.
- The SAS are automatically constituted by our timing software based on your performance index as of May 02, 2022
- Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
- Time barriers are calculated on the start time of the last wave.
In order for you to be able to estimate in which SAS you are going to start, we communicate you the distribution of the SAS of 2022. This distribution will evolve for 2023 according to the level of the registered riders and will be communicated 1 month before the event
- 6:30 am: Start of the race in 1 wave consisting of
- SAS 1 : about 40 elite runners with an index higher than 768 for men and 597 for women
- SAS 2 : about 350 runners with an index lower than 767 for men and 596 for women
Opening of SAS :
- Every SAS will open at 6h10
Drop bag and luggage locker
On this race there is no drop bag or luggage locker
On this race there is no assistance area. Any assistance is prohibited even between runners.
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Mandatory equipment - Can be adjust 15 days before the event
The equipment will not be checked at the delivery of the numbers, but will be randomly checked at the start, during the event and at the finish.
1/ Basic pack for all :
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes) - if it's muddy think to have shoes with big enough studs, not in "slick" otherwise it slips.
- Survival blanket in its original packaging and uncut.
- Charged cell phone - with the LiveRun application activated:
Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.livetrail.livetrailrunning&hl=fr&gl=US
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. A second additional electronic chip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Food (at least a gel or just in case - up to you, but probably more if you are on a long distance!!!...).
- Water :
- 0.75 liter container minimum or 2 flasks of 0.5 liter --> up to you, but for the vast majority of you, you will surely need more. 1,5l to 2 liters (even more for some) are advised at the start of each Rav and water point !!! There will be no water brought up in a car or 4x4 in the mountains, so be prepared.
- Sticks allowed
2 / In addition to the basic pack you will need for :
Short-Race, Femina-Race, R-Race SEPas Impossible :
Basic pack +
- Depending on the weather (information between 7 days and 1 day by email and SMS for French numbers): a jacket with "high waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof: https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
R-Race SEP not Impossible
Basic pack +
Headlamp in operation for :
- 1st runner: 2h30 at night
- and according to the departure time for the 4th runner --> after 5pm, headlamp on the head of the Rav3 of Villard-Dessus/
Model that goes well: https://www.i-run.fr/electronique/Lampe-frontale-eclairage_c1010/Petzl_m106/Petzl-Iko-Core_Petzl_fiche_97060.html
Marathon-Race and Marathon-eXperience
Basic pack +
- Water container in addition to your water supply: reusable cup type, because we are not allowed to put disposable plastic glasses on the refreshment stands anymore!
- Depending on the weather (information between 7 days and 1 day by email and SMS for the French numbers): a jacket with "strong waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof: https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
MaXi-Race of 87km :
Basic pack +
- Water container in addition to your water supply :
- Type reusable cup, because we are not allowed to put disposable plastic glasses on the refreshment stands anymore.
- Headlamp in operation (2h30 of night for the 1st, 5h (2h30 + 2h30 the second night) for the last.
- Jacket with "high waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof : https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
The prefecture of Haute-Savoie can ask us to oblige you to run with a Cold Weather Kit (in addition to the compulsory packs) until 24 hours before the start!
- Cold weather kit
The activation of this kit will be decided at the latest 24 hours before the event according to the weather conditions.
This kit includes: 1 long-sleeved upper body layer like a fleece + 1 long stocking + 1 pair of long gloves + 1 head covering (buff or cap) and a "high waterproof and breathable" jacket (for those who did not have it in the mandatory list).