The MaXi-Night is a race created in 2018 that traditionally takes place in October and offers a course to be completed at dusk in duo!
Following the postponement of the MaXi-Race in October, we have chosen to integrate in 2021 this course in the race program of the event while keeping the DNA that made its success: start at sunset, course to be completed mostly at night, race to be done as a team …
With a sunset start at an altitude of 1300m, the 37km course of the Maxi-Night will pass this year on the paths of the eastern shore of Lake Annecy to arrive on the beach of Albigny
Conviviality, sharing and surpassing oneself will be the program of this event!
You will live a unique adventure as a team to spend 3h30 to 10h at night and in semi-autonomy on a trail made by local runners.
To make you live this adventure while remaining safe, markers will be put in place only on the passages of road with traffic and a beaconing will be present. The course will also be opened by our staff a few minutes before you but we advise you to download the GPS track of the race on your watch or smartphone. It will be especially useful if we are unmarked or if you miss an intersection.
Technical information of the race
- Number of places limited
- Specificity of the MaXi-Night in duo
– Mutual aid between teammates is allowed (even recommended) because it is a team race, but external assistance is forbidden
– From the beginning to the end of the race, the two runners must stay together (within sight of each other and at a maximum distance of 30 to 35 meters). If there is only one runner left, the team will be disqualified and no runner will be allowed to continue the course alone in an official setting (therefore not taking advantage of the refreshment stands, nor of the security set up for runners officially in the race).
- Bib collection will be available on saturday on booking. More information on the dedicated page
- Start of the race at 6:30 pm from the col de la forclaz (a little higher – 1km walk to reach the start)
- Estimated race time :
– arrival around 19:30 for the first ones (estimated ITRA hill of 850)
– arrival of the last ones at the latest at 02h00 on Sunday = 10h00 of race
- 1 refreshment station
- Type of terrain: Trails and big tracks (some road passages).
- No Podiums – It’s for the fun of the 1st to the last
- Identical finisher prizes for all !!!
Information about refreshment points
You will find details of the place of the refreshment points on the board above.
To have the details of the food present at the refreshment points, we invite you to consult the dedicated page.
Please note that the refreshment points are only available for the runners and not for the accompanying persons.
On the R-Race, refreshment points are only available for the runner who have just finished his relay before he has changed his clothes. Runners starting their relay will not be allowed to access to the refreshment points.
Mandatory equipment - Can be adjust 15 days before the event
The equipment will not be checked at the delivery of the numbers, but will be randomly checked at the start, during the event and at the finish.
1/ Basic pack for all :
- Suitable shoes (trail shoes) - if it's muddy think to have shoes with big enough studs, not in "slick" otherwise it slips.
- Survival blanket in its original packaging and uncut.
- Charged cell phone - with the LiveRun application activated:
Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.livetrail.livetrailrunning&hl=fr&gl=US
- Visible bib (to be placed on the front of the runner. A second additional electronic chip will be attached to the back of your backpack).
- Food (at least a gel or just in case - up to you, but probably more if you are on a long distance!!!...).
- Water :
- 0.75 liter container minimum or 2 flasks of 0.5 liter --> up to you, but for the vast majority of you, you will surely need more. 1,5l to 2 liters (even more for some) are advised at the start of each Rav and water point !!! There will be no water brought up in a car or 4x4 in the mountains, so be prepared.
- Sticks allowed
2 / In addition to the basic pack you will need for :
Short-Race, Femina-Race, R-Race SEPas Impossible :
Basic pack +
- Depending on the weather (information between 7 days and 1 day by email and SMS for French numbers): a jacket with "high waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof: https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
R-Race SEP not Impossible
Basic pack +
Headlamp in operation for :
- 1st runner: 2h30 at night
- and according to the departure time for the 4th runner --> after 5pm, headlamp on the head of the Rav3 of Villard-Dessus/
Model that goes well: https://www.i-run.fr/electronique/Lampe-frontale-eclairage_c1010/Petzl_m106/Petzl-Iko-Core_Petzl_fiche_97060.html
Marathon-Race and Marathon-eXperience
Basic pack +
- Water container in addition to your water supply: reusable cup type, because we are not allowed to put disposable plastic glasses on the refreshment stands anymore!
- Depending on the weather (information between 7 days and 1 day by email and SMS for the French numbers): a jacket with "strong waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof: https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
MaXi-Race of 87km :
Basic pack +
- Water container in addition to your water supply :
- Type reusable cup, because we are not allowed to put disposable plastic glasses on the refreshment stands anymore.
- Headlamp in operation (2h30 of night for the 1st, 5h (2h30 + 2h30 the second night) for the last.
- Jacket with "high waterproofness and breathability" Type Salomon Bonatti Waterproof : https://www.salomon.com/fr-fr/shop-emea/product/bonatti-waterproof-lc11935.html#color=67941
The prefecture of Haute-Savoie can ask us to oblige you to run with a Cold Weather Kit (in addition to the compulsory packs) until 24 hours before the start!
- Cold weather kit
The activation of this kit will be decided at the latest 24 hours before the event according to the weather conditions.
This kit includes: 1 long-sleeved upper body layer like a fleece + 1 long stocking + 1 pair of long gloves + 1 head covering (buff or cap) and a "high waterproof and breathable" jacket (for those who did not have it in the mandatory list).