In 2023, the event will take place from 26 to 28 May.
Registration will open on the 15th of November at 20h00
The link to access to the registration plateform will be available at the end of this page
How to register?
Normal procedure to register ?
- Please take your credit card (no payment by cheque) and your phone
- Go to the registration site whose link is located at the bottom of the registration page
- Click on the race of your choice
- If the race appears in gray, it means that the registrations are complete or that the race is not yet open
- Fill in the requested information
- At the time of payment, the bank (Crédit Mutuel) may carry out a verification that will send a code to the phone that is connected to your CB.
- No registration can be taken into account without payment. If you do not pay for your order, your place will not be reserved.
- When you register, you will be offered a cancellation insurance (see details in the dedicated §). If you decide not to take it, no refund or postponement can be made.
Specific case of the R-Race
The registration to the R-Race is made by a team captain. To register, it is not mandatory to indicate the complete coordinates of all the runners. The captain can complete the information of his team or make a change of runners until 15 days before the date of the race.
If a team captain can no longer participate in the race, we invite you to send us an email indicating the name of the new team captain so that the organization can make the change.
Proof of ability
To take part in the race, it is mandatory to provide a proof of ability that we advise you to download as soon as you register.
Otherwise you can do it until one month before the event by visiting your personal space.
Please note that no proof can be presented when you pick up your bibs or after this date, if you do not present a valid proof before this date, you will not be able to take part in the race, nor obtain a refund of your registration.
Proof of ability asked by the FFA and sample of certificate
The French Athletics Federation, which is the delegate federation of the Trail-running in France, requires the participant to present to the race organiser :
- a French competition licence issued by the FFA
- or a medical certificate less than one year old at the date of the race and written in French.
We recommend that you upload our sample certificate and have it signed by your doctor
Registration practicle information
Minimum age to register
The registration to one of the following races: MaXi-Race, XL-Race Marathon-Race, Marathon-Experience, is open to all persons born before 31 of december 2003 (Espoir category and older).
Registration to one of the following races: Short-Race, Fémina-Race is open to all persons born before 31 of december 2005 (Junior category and older).
The registration to the relays number 1, 2 and 3 of the R-Race is open to all persons born before 31 of december 2005 (Espoir category and more), the registration to the relay number 4 is open to all persons born before 31 of december 2005 (Junior category and more).
Any team including a junior must notify the organization team of this information by email upon registration.
Elite runners bibs and Prize Money
Allocation of elite race numbers
Elite race numbers are available for the MaXi-Race, the Marathon-Race and the Short-Race within the limits of the quantities reserved for runners with a performance index: Women: over 700 / Men: over 820
Due to the reduction in the number of runners in the races, the number of elite race numbers is limited. If you meet the criteria and would like an elite race number, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prize money MaXi-Race 85km -
1er Homme/Femme : 5000$ + 1500€
2nd Homme/Femme : 1500$ + 1000€
3ème Homme/Femme : 1000$ + 500€
puis pour les autres :
200€* pour les coureurs réalisant moins de 10h20 de course pour les hommes et 12h20 pour les femmes
*dans la limite des 14 premiers hommes et 14 premières femmes du classement.
- Prize money Marathon-Race / course surprise -
1er Homme/Femme : 5000$
2nd Homme/Femme : 1500$
3ème Homme/Femme : 1000$
Funds paid to associations
Each year MaXi-Race donates between 1,5 and 3 € to associations.
We have chosen to indicate this option separately and set the minimum contribution at €1,5 but you can indicate more if you wish.
This contribution makes it possible to support many local associations: REVA, Ecole des Filles, sports clubs (ASPTT Annecy, Club nature de Chambéry...)
How to know if my registration is ok?
Once your registration has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email with an individual access code to allow you to modify or complete your registration file and in particular to add your proof of aptitude if you did not do so during registration.
If you do not receive emails within 24 hours of registration, please check your spam and contact us if necessary.
Bib number and starting lines
Allocation of race numbers:
The allocation of your race number will be done about 1 month before the event when the registrations will be closed. You will be able to see it on your personal space.
Your number will be established automatically according to your performance index and will determine your wave and/or SAS start.
In case of error when entering your name or your date of birth you will not be recognised. You will therefore start in the last SAS.
Once the number has been assigned, it will not be possible to make any further changes.
Practical information on the SAS and starting waves:
We differentiate between waves and SAS:
- A starting wave corresponds to a starting time
- For each wave, there can be 1 or 2 SAS in order to distribute the runners within the starting wave according to their level and to fluidify the starts.
The SAS are automatically set up by our timing software 1 month before the date of the event based on the performance index you have at that time.
Your race time will start when you cross the start line.
Time barriers are calculated on the start time of the last wave.
Failure to comply with the SAS and / or start wave will result in sanctions and in particular disqualification as indicated in the regulations.
Change of race once you have registered
It is possible to change the race format once you have registered under the following conditions:
- The race you want to be switched to must not be complete
- If you choose a race with a higher price, we will ask you to pay the difference by bank transfer
- If you choose a racer with a lower price, we will not refund the difference.
For any such request, we invite you to send an email to email@example.com indicating your file number and the race you wish to be switched to
Impossibility to run once registered
All registered persons have the possibility to transfer their bib to the person of their choice until one month before the event.
When you register, you also have the possibility to subscribe to a cancellation insurance.
For more information as well as the procedure to follow according to your situation, we invite you to consult the page dedicated to this case.
Cancellation of the race by the organization and reimbursement of the runners :
If the event cannot take place in May 2023
- the organizer commits himself to refund the totality of the registration fees (except management fees)* if the cancellation takes place at the latest 27 days before the event (i.e. on May 01).
- If the cancellation takes place after May 1st (**until Tuesday, May 23), the organizer commits to reimburse the registered runners 80% of the registration fees*.
*People who have bought a bib from a competitor who has already registered as part of a bib exchange will not be reimbursed because the payment of the registration is not made via the module and does not go through the organization, this is not a choice on our part but a constraint related to our registration module.** After May 23, no refund.
2023 Cancellation insurance
- Cancellation insurance can only be taken out at the time of registration.
- Cancellation insurance is a service external to the event organization.
- The cost of this insurance is 11.5% of the amount of your registration .
- This insurance only covers the registration fee for the race .
80% of the registration fee will be reimbursed.
Details of guarantees and conditions are available here
- This insurance does not allow for a refund for any reason that could be considered related to the Covid 19 pandemic. In this case, our general conditions apply (see details in the section "Cancellation of the race by the organizer and reimbursement of the runners".
How do you play this insurance?
Valid for participants residing worldwide and for cancellations made up to 72 hours after the event
If you subscribed to this insurance when you registered, you will just have to go to your contract, received by email, to access the link to request a refund and follow the instructions.
Please note that if you make a request for a refund, your registration will be automatically cancelled and the insurer will take care of your compensation. Once the request is made, we do not have the possibility as organizer to know the progress of your refund.
For the benefit of all participants and to ensure you make the most of this event, we would like to remind you of a few points.
It is forbidden:
- to run with an animal
- Animal are forbidden in the ravito area and at the MaXi-Village
- to smoke during the race, in the refreshment zones or in the MaXi-Village
- for a friend to run alongside you to carry your water. You may run with others, but not with the express purpose of carrying food or water for them.
- to be pushed or pulled by another runner or assistant
- to receive outside refreshments along the course. You may only receive refreshments in the designated zones
- To come into the Bib collection area with accompanying people.
In order to make th bib collection faster, accompanying people will have to wit on the family zone. Strollers and children are not recommanded
You read everything that was on top? Well done;)